Mr. Stephen Wallace reports
SEARCHLIGHT RECEIVES METALLURGICAL TEST RESULTS FOR KULYK RARE EARTHS SAMPLE
Searchlight Resources Inc. has received the final report from the Saskatchewan Research Council (SRC) on the preliminary beneficiation tests on a monazite-bearing rock sample from the Fanta showing at Kulyk Lake, Saskatchewan.
In the fall of 2022, Searchlight contracted the SRC to perform initial metallurgical bench-scale tests on a monazite-bearing rock sample from the Fanta Showing on the Kulyk Lake critical elements project. The objective was to determine if the sample could be concentrated to a commercial monazite concentrate.
The final report from SRC includes the following details on the Kulyk Lake sample:
- It contained 33.6 per cent TREO (total rare earth oxide) and 7.3 per cent CREO (critical rare earth oxide).
- The mineral composition is 19.7 per cent monazite, 6.4 per cent apatite, 5.8 per cent ilmenite, and 68.1 per cent other silicate minerals.
- It is amenable to concentration by heavy liquid, electrostatic, magnetic separation and flotation methods.
- The coarse fraction size (greater than 0.053 millimetre) can be concentrated to plus 60 per cent TREO by one or a combination of the beneficiation methods.
- Flotation of the fine size fraction (less than 0.053 mm) can be concentrated to 49.8 to 52.8 per cent TREO with three cleaner stages of flotation.
- Recovery factors of 98 per cent of the TREO and CREO were obtained from the coarse fraction sample, as well as up to 89 per cent TREO and CREO from the fine fraction.
Notes on TREO and CREO
- TREO equals total rare earth oxides equals Ce2O3 plus Dy2O3 plus Er2O3 plus Eu2O3 plus Gd2O3 plus Ho2O3 plus La2O3 plus Nd2O3 plus Pr6O11 plus Sm2O3 plus Tb4O7 plus Yb2O3.
- CREO equals critical rare earth oxides equals Dy2O3 plus Nd2O3 plus Pr6O11 plus Tb4O7.
"Searchlight is pleased with these excellent results confirming the monazite from the Fanta showing can concentrated to a commercial monazite concentrate," stated Stephen Wallace, Searchlight's chief executive officer. "In addition, this allows the company to know based on an economical test that the monazite at Fanta is viable and encourages us to push forward to drilling."Image of Monazite from Fanta Showing at Kulyk Lake
Searchlight engaged Axiom Exploration Group of Saskatoon, Sask., for sample collection. They collected a 29.6-kilogram sample with exposed monazite mineralization from the Fanta trench on the southeast side of Kulyk Lake, and delivered it to the SRC for testing.
The sample was collected for preliminary analysis and is not representative of all exposed mineralization, but rather represents the exposed monazite occurrence. Further work, including drilling, will be required to accurately determine the overall size and grade of the Fanta showing, one of several zones of exposed Rare Earths and Uranium mineralization at Kulyk Lake.
The testing program included the following scope of work:
- Chemical analysis and characterization of the Fanta sample, including ICP and X-ray diffraction;
- Comminution of the Fanta sample, including particle size distribution and heavy liquid separation;
- Preliminary beneficiation tests comprising gravity, magnetic separation and flotation.
Mr. Wallace, PGeo, is Searchlight's qualified person within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101; he has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this news release.
About Searchlight Resources Inc.
Searchlight Resources is a Canadian mineral exploration and development company focused on Saskatchewan, Canada, which has been ranked as the top location for mining investment in Canada by the Fraser Institute. Exploration focus is on battery minerals and gold throughout the province, concentrating on projects with nearby infrastructure.
We seek Safe Harbor.
© 2023 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.