Joyce Wagenaar reports
WEST FRASER ANNOUNCES VOTING RESULTS OF THE ANNUAL SHAREHOLDERS MEETING
West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., in accordance with Toronto Stock Exchange requirements, has released the voting results from its annual general and special meeting held on Wednesday, April 20, 2022, in Quesnel, B.C.
Voting results for the election of directors
A total of 84,179,585 common shares and Class B common shares were voted at the meeting, representing 79.68 per cent of the votes attached to all outstanding shares. Shareholders voted in favour of all items of business before the meeting, including the election of all director nominees as shown in the attached table.
Director Votes for % of votes Votes % of votes
in favour withheld withheld
Hank Ketcham 78,478,566 97.10 2,340,859 2.90
Reid E. Carter 79,297,284 98.12 1,522,141 1.88
Raymond Ferris 80,091,124 99.10 728,301 0.90
John N. Floren 79,998,381 98.98 821,044 1.02
Ellis Ketcham Johnson 80,616,788 99.75 202,637 0.25
Brian G. Kenning 79,275,043 98.09 1,544,382 1.91
Marian Lawson 80,393,123 99.47 426,302 0.53
Colleen McMorrow 80,563,237 99.68 256,187 0.32
Robert L. Phillips 72,707,706 89.96 8,111,719 10.04
Janice G. Rennie 76,064,521 94.12 4,754,904 5.88
Gillian D. Winckler 80,522,389 99.63 297,036 0.37
Voting results for other matters:
- Shareholders approved the fixing the number of directors at 11.
- Shareholders approved the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as auditor of the company.
- The resolution on the amendment of corporate articles as disclosed in the company's management information circular dated March 8, 2022, was also approved, with 99.37 per cent of votes cast in favour.
- The resolution on approval of the U.S. employee stock purchase plan as disclosed in the company's management information circular dated March 8, 2022, was also approved, with 99.79 per cent of votes cast in favour.
- The resolution on the company's approach to executive compensation (say on pay) as disclosed in the company's management information circular dated March 8, 2022, was also approved, with 94.62 per cent of votes cast in favour.
Detailed voting results for the meeting are available on SEDAR and EDGAR.
About West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company with more than 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Europe. From responsibly sourced and sustainably managed forest resources, the company produces lumber, engineered wood products (oriented strand board, laminated veneer lumber, medium-density fibreboard, plywood and particleboard), pulp, newsprint, wood chips, other residuals, and renewable energy. West Fraser's products are used in home construction, repair and remodelling, industrial applications, papers, tissue, and box materials.
© 2023 Canjex Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.